Tuesday 8 June 2010

The Black Keys



two guys whose music makes me want to bad things in the best possible kind of way...

The Black Keys are a blues-rock music duo consisting of vocalist/guitarist Dan Auerbach and drummer/producer Patrick Carney.

Words cannot describe what I felt when I first heard these guys just over a week ago.  I would say something like 'eargasm' but then that would be generic, a bit tacky and sort of crude. I mean sex in the ear is where I draw the line.


Sounds like: Deep south, Lousiana type of rock and roll. Bluesy, timeless classic riffs, heavy bass against Dan Auerbach's smooth musings (he's a smoker I can tell *drools*  I'm in love.).

Sounds like authentic music...

....Which makes me authentically want to writhe around on top of an automobile outside a gas-station wearing nothing but denim hotpants while smoking a marlboro light. 

This song in particular - and I think the title is quite fitting - makes me want to do those things.




The new album is 'Brothers', buy it people.


FYI, they are touring people.  You heard me.

MM x

No comments:

Post a Comment